A public fund defined as an international mutual fund which is neither a private or professional fund is compelled to undergo a registration procedure similar to the licensing of international banks and insurance companies. A mutual fund can be established as an international company, a partnership, a unit trust or other similar body formed or organized under the other international financial services legislation.
Samoa Public Fund License Key Feature
- Must maintain accounting records
- Must prepare audited financial accounts.
- Exemption from registration or recognition is given to a family trust fund as defined in the Act.
Samoa Public Fund License Legal Requirements
|Samoa Public Fund License||Corporate Details|
|Share capital or equivalent|
|Service Providers Required|
Samoa Public Fund License Tax Treatment
- Capital gains tax is levied at 27% on profits arising from the disposal of capital assets sold within 3 years of the date of acquisition.
- The company tax rate is 27%.
Samoa Public Fund License Duration for Set up
3 -4 Weeks
Samoa Public Fund License Distinctive Benefits
- Double tax treaties With NZ to ensure ease of doing business
- Finely tuned regulatory regime that provides confidence in the quality of supervision while ensuring that the demands of the investment community can be met.
- Local fund administrators with an unrestricted licence (“authorised administrator”) have the ability to license professional and SMART investment funds independently of the regulator.
Why US (Key Strengths)
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with the regulator and service providers and updating you regularly.
- Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We can provide you with fit and proper directors in case you need.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers